Why Companies Choose Circonus
Ingest, visualize, and analyze your metrics, logs, and traces at unlimited scale from across your full environment – at a lower, more predictable cost.
Trusted by industry leaders worldwide
Datadog’s pricing model is purposely complex and lacks transparency. They charge overage premiums that result in high surprise bills, charge extra for custom metrics, and have retention limitations at 15 months. Circonus gives you all the capabilities you need at a price you can afford.
Simple, predictable pricing
- Pricing is simple and predictable: Pay a flat rate for metrics ingested, regardless of where the metrics are coming from. One bill, clear to understand.
- Only pay for what you use: Add our host agent, filter to just the metrics you want to ingest into the Circonus platform, and only pay for those.
- No overage premiums: Pay one predictable price per log and metric (including custom metrics).
- No retention limitations for metrics: Get infinite storage at low cost, so you can cost-effectively do YOY analysis.
Significantly lower log costs
- Transparent log costs: Pricing is straightforward (per gig and by retention) and stored at a lower price point than Datadog.
- Save up to thousands per month: Convert ALL logs to metrics at the edge to enable significant cost reduction, infinite retention, and more powerful analysis.
- Reduce log noise for faster MTTR: At the edge, identify only the relevant logs to send to Circonus for analysis and storage.
Support for open standards
- Open source data support: Support for open source data collection agents such as FluentBit, Data Prepper, and OpenTelemetry, and query languages such as PromQL and Lucene.
- Grafana integration: Use Grafana dashboards in Circonus, no extra work needed.
- Kibana roots: Circonus dashboards exist as they do in Kibana, with extra functionality.
- Elasticsearch compatibility: ingestion pipeline, query language, and search are all the same, and all ancillary tooling and integrations work as is.
- Unlimited scale: Ingest, analyze, and store metrics, logs, and traces from any stack at any scale, supported by our powerful TSDB.
- Highest granularity: Patented technology handles sampling frequencies at millisecond intervals, allowing us to catch what others miss.
- High availability: Data is replicated across multiple availability zones and runs as a cluster with multiple write-copies.
- Data safety guarantees: Store multiple copies of your data in a cluster of nodes, while store and forward technology ensures data retention in cases of network instability.
“With Circonus we have been able to merge application performance modeling with SLOs, Kubernetes monitoring, and traditional network and hardware monitoring at high (and growing!) scale.”
“The richness of this high frequency data allows us to understand user and systems behavior with a level of detail we haven’t experienced as an organization before now. The ability to perform real-time analysis on billions of data points drives how we think about, and debug, performance for millions of baseball fans. Combined with a monitoring-as-code approach, our engineers get all of this delicious data out of the box with little to no time spent.”
Riley Berton, Principal SREMajor League Baseball