We’re excited to announce today Circonus’ Spring ’22 Release, which adds capabilities to further support the observability demands of modern-day enterprises. The Spring Release adds features across all four components of the Circonus platform – Ingestion & Alerting, Visualizations and Reporting, IronDB time series database, and the Circonus Analytics Query Language (CAQL) – with a focus on extending coverage and improving ease-of-use.
Says Bob Moul, CEO of Circonus, “Our Spring Release further extends the enterprise capabilities that our partners such as Major League Baseball, HBO, and Redfin rely on to ensure their internal and customer-facing solutions deliver the best customer experience no matter what.”
The main features of this release include:
- Circonus Unified Agent – The new Circonus Unified Agent creates a single agent that enables customers to collect telemetry data from over 300 different technologies. Circonus now includes support for VSphere, VMWare’s cloud-based virtualization platform. VSphere is the leading virtualization technology for large enterprises. Also, Circonus added observability capabilities for Oracle’s DBMS, extending its industry-leading support for the grid.
- Support for OpenTelemetry (OTel) – Circonus now supports OpenTelemetry, allowing customers to use open telemetry integrations within their platform and submit data natively into the Circonus Broker. Additionally, during the data ingestion, Circonus can adapt OpenTelemetry Histograms into the OpenHistogram format.
- Turnkey Streaming Dashboards – The latest release includes new dashboards for a number of integrations, including Google Cloud, Docker, Apache, Oracle, vSphere, and more. Circonus dashboards now stream data automatically, updating graphs in real-time so users have the most recent information without having to refresh the screen.
- New Metrics Explorer – The new Metrics Explorer in Circonus enables users to more quickly identify the primary KPIs they care about and automatically save them as graphs and add them to dashboards. New histogram visualizations and legends further enhance the visibility and ease-of-use.
- Performance & Memory Improvements – Circonus continues to improve the performance of the application and database with this release, increasing performance of dashboards by 90%
“We continue to be impressed with Circonus’ ability to rapidly adapt to our growing infrastructure needs,” said Richa Sehgal, Technical Lead, Observability at Redfin. “We rely on them as partners to ensure that the Redfin platform is running at peak performance 24/7.”
If you want to learn more about these latest platform additions or the overall Circonus platform, let us know here.